Yay – its that time of year, where a festival is made of eating all the nice things.
Taste of Durban seems to be getting bigger and bigger every year and has now become an event that Durbanites simply have to attend.
This year sees the return of old favourites such as Greedy Buddha and Simply Asia but also has some exciting additions like Hollywood bets (delicious bunnies anyone?) and Boiler Room Café.
This year’s must-do list includes;
* Castle Milk Stout Experience – Castle Milk Stout will bring a taste experience to be savoured to Taste of Durban 2015. Chill out in the marquee and lounge area, complete with the ambient sounds and a tasting experience that shows the full credentials of the full and complex flavours of Milk Stout and its pairing with food.
* Robertsons Ultimate Burger Class – Become your family’s ultimate burger king or queen by learning how to create the best burgers at this year’s Taste of Durban, where Robertsons Herbs & Spices will be bringing in the foodie experts to reveal their secrets to creating the ultimate burger. From preparing the tastiest, juiciest meat patties to adding the perfect combination of spices, participants in the Robertsons Ultimate Burger Classes will take burger making to a new level as they work with meat experts and celebrity chefs to learn this tasty talent. The Spice People serve up this mouthwatering feature at the Taste of Durban, with meat expert Caroline McCann from Braeside Meats, local culinary expert Justin Bonello, and Robertsons Executive Chef Craig Elliott. But the excitement does not stop there, as one lucky Robertsons Ultimate Burger Class participant, could win Justin’s latest book, Road Tripping. You also get to walk away with a braai caddy filled with the latest Robertsons spices.
* Butcher’s Block with Two Oceans Wines – As a country of meat lovers, it’s always good to know your head from your tail. Make your way to the Butcher’s Block, where you will learn about the varieties of meat, the various cuts, how to buy, prepare and cook meat to perfection and where Two Oceans Wines will show you how and when to pair their wines with each cut.
* The Bacardi Mixology Theatre & Cocktail Lounge – Enter the exciting world of mixology and experience the magic of craft bartending. In the theatre, you will have the opportunity to learn how to craft your own Bacardi cocktails under the guidance of an expert Mixologist. The lounge offers a relaxing space with a DJ mixing great tunes while the bartenders do some mixing of their own.
* BP Wild Bean Café – Two millions cups of Wild Bean Café coffee are sold and enjoyed every year. BP Wild Bean Cafés use only 100% top-quality Arabic beans – sourced from Tanzania, Gautemala, El Salvador and Brazil – offering the best combination of sweetness, acidity and bitterness. At Taste of Durban, our Wild Bean Café Baristas will hand-make your favourite coffee, latte or hot chocolate to perk you up and keep you going!
Besides all the restaurants that will be giving starter size foods for you to taste, there will suppliers from around the country that are working hard to make sure this is a feast of artisanal and locally produced product.
So, this event is catered to everyone and is one of those you just don’t miss so I have got your back and am giving away 4 sets of double tickets to 4 lucky people who just need to comment and tell me what they are looking most forward to at the Taste of Durban 2015? I will announce winners on Friday 17 July at 12:00
THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO ENTERED, UNFORTUNATELY THERE CAN ONLY BE FOUR WINNERS AND THEY ARE TARYN LE FEBOUR, SUZANNE, CATHY BADENHORST, SESHNEE. CONGRATS, I WILL BE EMAILING YOU SHORTLY
Of course, I cant give tickets to everyone so if you want to secure your visit then here are the deets
To book tickets: Visit ITickets on www.ticketpro.co.za
– Standard Ticket – *R80 – Entrance to the festival including a glass
– Premium Ticket – *R180 – Entrance to the festival including a
tasting glass plus R100 worth of Crowns (the official currency)
- Taste Clubhouse Ticket – R750 – Fast Track entry to the festival, a tasting glass, R150 Crowns, a private clubhouse to use as a base for the show with a complimentary bar service (wine, malt and soft drinks) plus a Taste of Durban Gift.
– Friday 24 July: 18h00 – 22h00
– Saturday 25 July: 12h30 – 16h30; 18h00- 22h00
– Sunday 26 July: 12h30 – 17h30