I have spoken many times about being a frugal fashionista (Mr Price and Jet in real life, Chanel and Topshop in my dreams) so today I am going to share with you some tips to save on your fashion budget because believe it or not being frugal doesn’t mean you have to go without or that you can’t look your best at all times, it just means doing things wisely and cheaper. You can be frugal and fashionable, here’s how;
– If you are going to partake in trends opt for cheapish versions of the trend so that if it does a disappearing act from the fashion radar you won’t be left with an expensive not-on-trend item
– Invest in lots of staples that can work with everything (vests, blazers, accessories, etc.)
– Think long term before buying, especially splurging
– If you are anything like me, don’t buy too much of anything because when you/your style preferences change you will have nothing to wear.
– If you see something you like but it is out of your price range, shop around, you are bound to find something very similar in a lower end retailer because these days they get their ideas from each other (I can’t tell you how many times I have spotted similar things in different stores)
– Don’t be shy/scared/embarrassed/afraid to buy from China Malls and little shops on the side of the road – you might not get the best quality but you will get a few wears out of it and for the price you pay for it, I say it’s worth it!
– Find some thrift shops in your area and pop in (this might not be everyone’s cup of tea, I don’t do it all that often) but you can find bargains and a lot of the time the stuff is really good quality. Check out The Thrift Collection on Facebook for some awesome thrifted product.
– ALWAYS look on the sale/clearance racks
– Shop end of season sales
– Don’t walk past retail stores like Jet and Ackermans, sometimes you can find a real gem in there (all of my dresses are from Jet)
Fashion is not about the price tag or the brand, but how you interpret trends, pair items together and make a look your own so whether you are wearing Jet or Zara you can be a fashionista (if you’re wearing Jet, you will be a fashionista with some extra cash in hand)
What are your frugal fashion tips?