As a writer I should always have a notebook and pen handy, and I do, but I don’t always use it. I am a very inspired person and it doesn’t take much to inspire me but my really good ideas come to me at the most random times, when in the bath or when in the state between
dead fast asleep and awake (seriously mind? you had all day to think of these things and you choose now? when I am so comfortable)
For a writer, forgotten ideas aren’t the only challenge, there is lack of inspiration, typos, competition, haters and so much more but I have learnt to just let my passion be my drive which has helped immensely with all the challenges. I will share with you what I have learnt about writing, blogging and ideas in the hopes that some of these lessons learnt can help you.
– Even if you are the most comfortable you have ever been in your whole entire existence, just get up and write the idea down.
– When you are feeling uninspired or unmotivated, just step out of your comfort zone and experience/read/see new things.
– An idea you think could potentially lead to nothing should still be written down. There are always different angles one could take to make an idea/topic more fun/interesting/unique/interesting.
– Learn a new word a day and then try to use it frequently (whether when writing or in conversation) there are many handy apps like A Word A Day for Android that will notify you of a new word everyday.
– Never be afraid to experiment.
– If you are proud of something you have written or an idea, that is more than enough.
– We are never going to impress everyone so start with impressing yourself.
– Take risks.
– Never let jealousy get the better of you so STOP comparing.
– Make lists, lists are always helpful
– Write what you love, love what you write
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new ~ Albert Einstein