Here are 7 things that are currently happening
1. I have a new job, which is really exciting considering I have been at my current one for nearly five years. The new job came was very unexpected but it couldn’t have come at a better time, I am so ready to tackle a change
2. I am going to start watching the series Girls, I don’t know why I have waited so long but now I can’t wait.
3. I have decided I’d like to meet Ellen DeGeneres so I plan on tweeting her until she decides she just has to meet me
4. I recently won a huge competition, more about that soon
5. I am looking into a hair change, I won’t alter my length but am considering a drastic colour change
6. I am now mommy to three adorable little bunny rabbits, I haven’t named them individually because they look like triplets but they all have white markings under their noses which look like mo’s so they’re all Mo to me
7. 2013 has been really good to me so far
What is happening in your life? Do share
For a perfect and not too difficult cookie recipe. Since I am moving into my new home, it is my mission to try new baked goods! My kind mommy bought me an adorable little cookie set (with pretty shaped cookie cutters and rolling pin, yay) so I am going to be baking cookies during the festive season.
Since I’m a first time cookie maker I need some help/suggestions/recipes from you guys
So please send me recipes to email@example.com or comment and leave some suggestions. I need you in order for my Christmas cookies to be a success
1. My new camera – I spoilt myself and bought a Nikon Coolpix L130 and its a huge step up from my R700 Kodak Easy Share that I had
2. Mumford & Sons – I go through music stages and at the moment Mumford & Sons are my flavour of the week
3. My button up denim shirt from Mr P – Best investment ever!
4. The festive season feeling that is kicking in – this is my favorite time of year
5. Writing – I’m writing more frequently now and I’m still loving every minute of it
6. Fizzers – Childhood all over again
7. The Hills – I’m a bit behind I know and as much as I love it, I know I could do so much better with my time
As you already know, I’m a big dreamer and a full-time day dreamer, hence the new tab called “Diary of a daydreamer” this will be my online diary to let you know my thoughts, see what’s inspiring me, what exactly it is I day dream about all day
So don’t forget to view the new tab while you’re reading my blog
This was my first entry…
Probably one of the biggest clichés in history but only because it’s so true! I have been paying careful attention to what makes me excited and happy so that I can do more of that and less of the not-so-cool stuff. This is what I have come up
- Visiting book stores, together with this goes, getting new books
- A blank notebook, for me, this is one of the most exciting things because I get to fill it up with all my thoughts and ideas
- Animals, they really are treasures
- Being surrounded by people (whether I know them or not) I love watching them, I love seeing what they’re wearing and I love overhearing their conversations
- Comments on the old blog, they mean so much!
- Vintage/old things, whether its buildings or books that are new but look old, I just have such an appreciation for anything that is/looks old
- Manners/kindness, they cost nothing and I so appreciate a good natured person
- Friends and family, where would I be without them and all the love
So I had a very successful meeting last night which has turned into another freelance/part time writing opportunity for me.
I am going to be writing for DurbanZone Online Magazine – which is everything Durban.
I’m really excited because I have really been waiting on an opportunity like this one.
So you can look out for my articles on the wesbite http://www.durbanzone.co.za/mag/
You can follow us on Twitter @DurbanZoneMag or search for the DurbanZone page on Facebook (I will get you the link soon!)
If you want to be featured on the site or are interested in advertising you can mail me on my brand new email address firstname.lastname@example.org (my gmail account is still up and running)
Wish me luck, support me and like the pages I will be interacting with everyone!
**Image source: http://www.durbanzone.co.za/mag/
1. I really hate grating cheese and will do anything to avoid it
2. I have an irrational, big fear of falling/slipping in the bath – the reason I say it’s irrational is because I have NEVER fallen in the bath, so where does this come from?
3. Trying to impress everyone all the time is tiring and sometimes you just have to stop trying!
4. Even the people I look up to most and regard highly make mistakes, which will now hopefully cushion my falls when I make mistakes
5. Books that are made to look old (but aren’t really old) are like the coolest books ever
6. Cute animals will ALWAYS cheer up, even when I think nothing can
7. I am waaaay to in love with the TV show 90210
What have you learnt recently? Do share
I am a “dream, believe, imagine” kinda girl (I have even been told I’m unrealistic by some who don’t understand)
Simple words like the ones I mentioned get me motivated, and make my life that much better! To me, life is not life without dreams – some realistic and some not so realistic (but who knows right)
Right now my biggest dreams are to:
- Visit Paris and New York – from what I have seen, heard and read, I will no doubt, LOVE these two places.
- Work for a magazine so I can write everyday, meet interesting people inbetween and put this passion of mine to good use
- Write a book
- Have a walk in closet
- Have a dreamy space at home which I can call my very own space (office, escape, library, whatever you’d like to call it) that I can decorate with inspiration, where I can draw inspiration from and where I can inspire others
Luckily for me I have a positive outlook and I like to imagine things (maybe I can imagine things until they happen) so I can see big things coming my way, I don’t know when but they are coming!
What are your dreams/goals? Do Share
Follow my dream board on Pinterest to see just how much I dream.
**Keep Dreaming, and start doing**
I have become a crazy, addicted Pinterest lover. So bascially, if you want to, you could follow me and see my awesome pins
Follow me here and please leave a comment with your link or anything to direct me to you so I can follow too
- Pinterest, I know I’m a bit behind but I did join long ago but never realized just how cool and addictive it was until recently. You can follow me here and check out my crazy pinning!
- Imari Seduction perfume and body lotion from AVON, it’s a perfect scent for this time of year. Luscious plum and purple orchid with hints of warm vanilla, amber and musk make this a sweet, fruity scent suitable for spring
- My first tattoo (a small heart on my wrist)
- This earring (does anyone know where I can get a pair or even one from?)
- My beauty goodies from Charlene at GeeWhiskers which I won in her 6 month giveaway competition
- This quote by Anna Wintour “Create your own style…Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others”
- Stacked beaded bangles